Date of issue: May 2018
International Handball Federation (IHF), Peter Merian-Strasse 23, PO Box, CH-4002 Basel, Switzerland
Please read the following to learn more about the ways in which the IHF uses your information before you proceed with the use of the IHF Education Centre website http://ihfeducation.ihf.info/ (hereinafter referred to as ‘IHF Education Centre’).
1. Who are we?
The IHF Education Centre was created at the initiative of the International Handball Federation (IHF), which is based in Basel, Switzerland. The website is designed, developed and operated by Link Development, a technology solutions provider based in Cairo, Egypt.
2. What is the purpose of the IHF Education Centre?
The IHF Education Centre is a digital education platform for providing global training to handball coaches, referees, players, teachers and delegates. The platform uses modern e-learning technology such as videos, animations and online seminars to provide users with an attractive, interactive education experience and useful information for personal development and training.
3. How do we use your information?
The IHF collects your information when you subscribe to our Education Centre newsletter. The IHF also collects personal data when you register on the platform and create an Education Centre user account.
4. What kind of information is collected?
If you create a user account, the IHF will ask you to provide your first name, last name, email address, country of residence, role in handball, login information, and password. This information will allow us to create and maintain your user account and identify you as one of our registered users.
Registration will allow you to get exclusive access to our online seminars and rule tests, create your own profile in an international online community, and share comments and files with other users. Consequently, the IHF may store some information linked to your activities within the community such as comments or views of videos. This information may also be included in databases owned and maintained by the IHF and its affiliates or service providers.
5. Can other users see your information?
The IHF Education Centre is an international online community, and membership to the platform is public. For this reason, other registered members can access some of the information that you provide (e.g. your name, country, and role in handball).
6. Is your information shared with third parties?
The IHF will only provide your information to third parties in the following circumstances: (1) we share certain user information with our affiliates and service providers who work with us to offer you this handball experience; (2) we may share your information with authorities or third parties when we believe that we have a legal obligation to do so; (3) we may share your information with third parties when you have given us your prior authorisation to do so.
7. Does the IHF send emails requesting your information?
The IHF will not, at any time, request your credit card information, your account ID, password or national identification number in a non-secure or unsolicited email or telephone communication. If you receive this kind of email or phone call, it could be an attempt to steal your identity.
The IHF Education Centre may contain hyperlinks to third-party websites (e.g. social media sites). The IHF has no control over such websites or the content within them and cannot guarantee, represent or warrant that such content is accurate and/or legal. The IHF does not endorse the content of any third-party website, nor does it warrant that it will not contain viruses or otherwise impact your computer or mobile device.
9. What are your rights regarding the information we collect?
According to Articles 13 to 23 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) you have the right:
- to be informed about our data collection and use of information,
- to access the information that the IHF holds about you,
- to rectification if any information the IHF holds about you is inaccurate or incomplete,
- to ask the IHF to delete any personal data,
- to restrict or prevent the processing of your information,
- to data portability, i.e. obtain a copy of your information to transmit it to another service or organisation,
- to object to the IHF using your information for particular purposes, and
- to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling.
10. How can you use those rights?
To review, correct, update or delete your data collected by the IHF, please contact us by email at [email protected] or by written notification to Peter Merian-Strasse 23, P.O. Box, CH-4002 Basel, Switzerland.
The IHF may require you to provide verification of your identity. Any complaint can also be addressed to the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) or the competent Information Commissioner in the EU (where applicable).
11. Which jurisdiction and which laws are applicable?